Can I just say I love the iPhone? Love it.
Yes, I was slow to acquire it, but now I wonder what I ever did without it 😉
Food from our week:
(L to R):
– Creamy Spinach Penne with Grilled Chicken
– Cupcakes for a friend’s birthday
– Brats, grilled onions and sauerkraut (Matt’s favorite)
– Lunch at Someplace Else
– Chicken Pasta Pita Sandwiches
– Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
– Quick Chik-Fil-A snack in the mall (love spontaneous mini-dates)
– Butter Dips like my mom used to make (and her mom)
– Homegrown rib-eye steak from Matt’s boss and steamed cauliflower
– Our Valentine’s Day dinner: PeiWei’s Thai Basil Chicken. A-mazing.
– Braum’s Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae for dessert. It’s been years since I had one. Too long.
– Sonic Rootbeer Float (another spontaneous mini-date)
Happenings from our week:
(L to R)
– Hanging out with Mom at our mini Super Bowl Party
– Quick Story: this is Matt getting ready to help load a kayak into the back of his friend’s truck. When the Navy moved Matt’s stuff from Seattle, the movers accidentally grabbed his roommate’s kayak. We’ve had it in our garage all these months, trying to figure out how to get it back to him. Then one of Matt’s friends ended up coming through OK on his way back to Seattle and he offered to take it back for us. Hurray! *End of Story*
– Remembering Seattle…and the beautiful memories we made there
– Our office received almost 400 roses commemorating the pro-life movement on Rose Day
– So thankful to be able to spend my lunch hour with my wonderful husband
– Visiting the new Anthropolgie store
– Thrift store shopping with a good friend. I found two shirts and three skirts for about $30 total.
– Our next adventure: Germany. *so excited*
– Our dusting of snow. Not enough for a snow day. Boo.
– Fog on our morning commute
– Next holiday to plan for: St. Patrick’s Day. And I’m stoked.
It is safe to say that this man of mine steals my heart all over again each and every day. This was, of course, no less true on Valentine’s Day. It was the perfect first Valentine’s Day – so special and sweet.
We ate dinner up at the bar at Pei Wei – never a bad meal there. Good conversation and just a fun time watching the chefs. Then I talked Matt into getting me a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae from Braum’s on the way home 😉 Delicious. I had a card for Matt and he had written a love note for me. The day before he had taken me shopping at two of my favorite stores. It was just a special, relaxed, wonderful Valentine’s Day.
The best part is – that one day simply serves to highlight the love we share every day, how God has blessed us and how amazing it is that we are able to live this life together.