Our final destination was Wellington on the north island. We walked to the ferry from the train station and settled in for the three hour trip.
(We were pleasantly surprised to find that our travel agent had upgraded our ferry tickets so we were able to spread out, relax and enjoy wifi, lunch and drinks.
– Saw an Eagle Ray swimming in the bay
-Walked through the Te Papa Museum
– Came across a street market and bought some “tent food.”
– And some ice cream
– Walked the streets
– Took the cable car up to the botanical gardens
– Went to dinner at a really neat restaurant located in an old, restored house
– Took pictures in a red phone booth
And that was about it for our [very full] day in Wellington.
But just for that trip. Our travel adventures are far from finished.